Mexican rice. Looking for Mexican rice (arroz) recipes? Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire. These flavors should not be expected to be in the rice.
Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? This easy Mexican Rice from Delish.com is a vegetable-loaded delight. Make it as a side with tacos or fajitas, or make it a main and top it with chicken and a fried egg! You can cook Mexican rice using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican rice
- It’s of for Mexican rice.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 packages of chilli seasoning.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cup of minute rice.
- Prepare 1 medium of green bell pepper.
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Be careful that the oil doesn't get too hot too fast or the oil will splatter. Mexican rice is the anchor of many excellent Mexican spreads, and having recently posted our recipe for Chiles Rellenos, I'm back with the perfect Mexican rice to go alongside.
Mexican rice step by step
- cook ground beef in skillet until brown, drain grease.
- put meat back in skillet and add tomato sauce, chicken broth and chilli seasoning.
- then add green bell pepper chopped and cook on med. heat for about 5 minutes stirring after.
- then take pan off heat add 2 cups minute rice, stir then cover pan and let sit 5 minutes then stir and serve.
- can put on lettuce and add chopped tomatos and chips for dipping..
- we add Velveeta cheese and melt in microwave after we put in our bowls.have picky eaters so everyone does there's different..
I'm a big believer in the accoutrements that come with food—the sides, the sauces, the extras, the add-ons, the toppings—the trappings that make the dish a MEAL. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water. This is a variation of Mexican Rice.