Chicken Shawarma/Chicken Wrap with French Fries. Chicken shawarma on crisp French Fries along with all the toppings possible giving this starter dish burst of flavors. These loaded Chicken Shawarma Fries are simply perfect when you feel like eating shawarma but don't feel like getting out to the restaurant to grab one. Traditional shawarma is a popular street food in Middle Eastern countries.
Then add chili mayo, chicken, pickled cucumber, tomatoes, french fries (all that you like to add). Finally drizzle yoghurt sauce all over. Close the wrap and toast with some butter till brown and crisp. You can have Chicken Shawarma/Chicken Wrap with French Fries using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma/Chicken Wrap with French Fries
- Prepare of Tortilla/Pita Bread:.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil or olive oil.
- You need of Warm water.
- It’s of Minced Fried Chicken Seasonings:.
- You need 2 of garlic.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of black pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 lb of chicken breast.
- You need of Other Fillings:.
- You need of French fries (you can see my previous recipe for homemade french fries).
- You need 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1 of cucumbar.
- It’s 3 of lettuce or chinese cabbage or other green vegetables you like.
- You need of Tomato sauce (optional).
- Prepare of Mayonnaise (optional).
- Prepare of NOTE!!!!! if you dont like or dont have chicken you can replace it with sausage or other meat or fish.
If you have a panini press, then toast the tortilla rolls in it. Assemble the shawarma, take a pita bread or a roti and apply mayo and additional sauce of your choice, but the pickled veggies and the grilled chicken. Add more greens if you wish to and add french fries and slowly wrap it. And there you have it easy shawarma ready!!
Chicken Shawarma/Chicken Wrap with French Fries instructions
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, vegetable oil and warm water. knead it into a ball. The dough has to be soft n not sticky..
- Cover with plastic wrap, put in a bowl and allow to double in size (leave dough for about 30 minutes).
- Once doubled in size remove from bowl n place on flat floured surface. Cut dough into 3 pieces..
- Then roll all dough into a flater shape with rolling pin as thin as possible.
- Fry it on frying pan (without oil). cook for about 2 minutes for both side. Pita bread is ready..
- For fillings, lets start from chicken. Fry chicken with garlic and also a pinch of salt til golden brown. then chop-chop fried chicken.
- Slice tomato n cucumbar into 6 slices.
- Put lettuce, cucumbar, tomato, chicken and also french fries with mayonnaise and tomato sauce on tortilla/pita bread. Then roll it..
- Tadaaaaa shawarma is ready to serve now. *Best served warm/hot..
Divide chicken between pitas and top with shredded lettuce. Serve with fries and remaining chummus. I had a chicken shawarma bowl that I now am craving on the regular. The chicken was sooooo well seasoned and the toppings enhanced the dish to another level. Lettuce, rice, tomato, cucumber, onion, hummus, spicy red, tahini, and pita chips.