Caesar Salad Recipe. A classic recipe for a reason, this chicken Caesar salad is delicious and satisfying. Crunchy romaine, creamy dressing, tender chicken and savoury cheese come together for a tasty favourite. By Cracker Barrel In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire, pepper flakes, mustard, and anchovies.
In this classic Caesar salad recipe, you might notice that our dressing isn't milk-white like the kind you'd find at the grocery store. That's because most Caesar dressings nowadays call for ingredients like mayonnaise, buttermilk or sour cream. The traditional recipe actually consists solely of egg yolk, mustard, anchovies. You can cook Caesar Salad Recipe using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caesar Salad Recipe
- It’s 15 tbsp. of finely grated Parmesan cheese: 7 ½ tbsp. of cheese for the sauce and another 7 ½ tbsp. to finish the dressing of the salad).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of anchovy fillet.
- You need 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 10 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain (5 tbsps. to make the flavored oil and 5 tbsp. to make the dressing).
- You need 1 of heart of washed romaine lettuce.
- You need 1 cup of homemade croutons (Recipe beside).
- It’s of For the homemade croûtons:.
- You need 2 tbsp. of bread cut into 1cm squares.
- Prepare 5 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, peeled and chopped.
- You need 4 tbsp. of finely grated Parmesan cheese (: 2 ½ tbsps. to melt with the croûtons, and a second 1 ½ tbsps. for a second melting with the croutons).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper.
You don't have to eat out to enjoy a great-tasting Caesar salad. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified; season with salt and. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients.
Caesar Salad Recipe step by step
- In a medium bowl mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain with the chopped garlic and stir with a mixing spoon for 30 seconds. Strain into a large bowl, pressing with a spoon to remove the maximum possible amount of oil, leaving the garlic behind. Set aside the pressed garlic..
- Put the bread in the garlic oil and stir to coat well and evenly. Add 2 ½ tbsps. of finely grated Parmesan cheese, the salt and pepper, and stir well. Transfer to a pan and cook until the croûtons are lightly browned and crisp (about 15 minutes). Remove from the pan and add a further 1 ½ tbsps of finely grated Parmesan and stir. Set it aside to cool..
- Mix the egg yolk, lemon juice, anchovy, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Blend it with a hand-held mixer, food processor or blender..
- Finally, add 4 tbsps. of Parmesan and blend it once more..
- Cut the stem of the lettuce and separate the leaves until they are all loose. Cut the larger leaves in two and keep the small leaves whole..
- Put the leaves in a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons of dressing, you may add more if wanted. Using a fork and a salad spoon or with a gloved hand, toss the leaves until they are well covered with the dressing, the remaining Parmesan and the homemade croûtons, stir again..
- To serve, put the leaves on a plate and put the homemade croûtons on top of them. Add more Parmesan on top if you like..
Place romaine in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve with salad croutons and additional cheese if desired. Chop together anchovy fillets, garlic, and pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into a medium bowl.