Ribeye Beef Stew. Responsibly Raised Beef on Family Farms. Add the oil and heat until wisps of smoke appear. Top risotto with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Add the onion, and green pepper and saute until softened. Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. I realize that beef stew is usually made from chuck or short ribs, but would this steak work? You can have Ribeye Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ribeye Beef Stew
- Prepare 3 lbs of mini diced steak, ribeye works well. 1/4"to 3/8" cubes.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- You need 2 teaspoon of crushed rosemary.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cayenne pepper.
- It’s 3/4 cup of peas.
- It’s 3/4 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of diced onions.
- You need 1 lb of sliced portobello Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced celery.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 stick of salted butter.
- Prepare 12 oz of Merlot.
- You need 32 oz of Beef Stock.
- You need 2 of tabl spoons of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of diced potatoes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
If so, would I cook it slowly, like you do with chuck, or would it be okay to cook it with the broth and veggies for about an hour or so? Pour the water into the crockpot, add the bouillon cubes and the thyme. (If you have beef broth – you can substitute with that instead of water and bouillon cubes.). Add the potatoes, carrots, and onions. If ribeyes, top sirloins, and beef tenderloin are calling to you at the butcher counter, put away your beef stew recipe and serve up steak and potatoes instead.
Ribeye Beef Stew step by step
- Brown and sear diced steak cubes with salt, rosemary, cayenne pepper and olive oil. 15 to 20 minutes or so..
- Add peas and diced carrots into the crock pot, with cooked mini steak cubes, beef stock, worcestershire sauce, potatoes and 10 to 12oz of merlot, no one is counting… add 2 cups if you like for a little more etiquette..
- Sauté onions and celery with half of the butter for 5 to 7 minutes, add to the crockpot. I added a pinch of salt and black pepper here out of habbit, not necessarily needed..
- Sauté the mushrooms with other half of butter, minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of flour for 12 to 15 minutes, cook them down to add a nice thickess and flavor..
- Pull about a cup of stock/wine mix from crockpot and add into the pan and 1 tablespoon of flour for a few minutes, get all of the flavors out of the pan. Add in with the rest of the mix in crock pot..
- Put the crockpot on high for 2 hours to bring everything up to temperature and low for about 6 hours or until the potatoes are soft..
If you simmer those tender cuts for long periods of time, all that beautifully marbled fat will just melt away into the broth. We've been taking advantage of the chill in the air, and making warm, cozy dishes like chili, posole, and chicken stew for dinner. But there's one stew to rule them all: beef. While a well-marbled ribeye steak or a luxurious filet mignon might catch your eye at the supermarket, if you're making beef stew, you should pass these prized cuts right on by. That's because those tender steaks would be wasted by a slow braise or simmer.