Thai Coconut Chicken Curry. Lightweight Camping Equipment – Meals, Stoves and Cookware. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Drizzle in the oil and swirl around, then add the curry paste. Add the coconut milk, carrots, Thai curry paste, salt, pepper, and stir to combine. Add the spinach, lime juice, and stir to combine. You can have Thai Coconut Chicken Curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Coconut Chicken Curry
- You need of Large handful of cilantro, stems or roots only.
- It’s 4 knobs of fresh turmeric, skin peeled.
- Prepare 7 cloves of Garlic, skin peeled.
- It’s 1 of large piece of ginger, skin peeled and cut into large knobs.
- You need 3 of Shallots, skin peeled and sliced in half.
- It’s 2 stalks of Lemongrass, skin peeled and cut into short pieces.
- It’s 5 of Thai green chilies.
- You need 4 of Serrano chilies, deseeded and split lengthwise.
- Prepare 3 of boneless chicken thighs (skin on).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of curry paste.
- You need 1 1/4 of cup(ish) coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli tops.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas.
- You need Handful of Basil.
- It’s Squeeze of lime juice.
- It’s of Coconut sugar (regular sugar works fine as well).
Return chicken to the frying pan, stirring to coat with the curry mixture. How to Make Thai Chicken Coconut Curry In a large deep-sided skillet or dutch oven, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large, ovenproof skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
Thai Coconut Chicken Curry instructions
- The night before, salt and pepper your chicken thighs and leave it in the fridge overnight. This dries out the chicken skin and will help create a delicious crispy chicken skin..
- In a food processor, add in the cilantro, turmeric, garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass, and serrano chilies. Blend into a fine paste..
- Next, give it a taste to see if you like the spicy flavor. Then add in as many or as little green thai chilies that you’d like. I choose 5 for a nice balance spicy curry paste..
- In a large skillet, cook the thighs skin side down on medium heat. Don't worry about cooking it all the way through. You really just want some nice golden brown color..
- Next, add in your curry paste and fry until super fragrant and the moisture has been fried off as well!.
- Add in a pinch of salt and pour in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook until the oil separates from the curry paste. Next, add in about 2 tablespoons of water just to thin it out and cook for just a couple of minutes..
- Add in coconut sugar to desired sweetness.
- Add in your broccoli tops, sugar snap peas, and diced crispy chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until you veggies are tender NOT mushy and the chicken has been cooked through..
- Lastly, add in your basil and a squeeze of lime. Serve over rice and enjoy!.
Add the chicken and sear on both sides until deeply golden brown. To make the curry, heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and stir until they are coated. Add the lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar, kaffir lime leaves and coconut milk. Stir the curry a few times while it cooks, to stop it sticking and to keep the chicken submerged.