Cheesy Potato Broccoli. Stir in the hash brown potatoes; mix until combined. Spoon HALF of the mixture into a prepared baking dish; top with the broccoli, spoon the remaining mixture over the broccoli. In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese, mix to combine; add in melted butter, mix well.
Add half the potatoes to baking dish, spreading evenly. Pour remaining potatoes on top of broccoli. Prick potatoes in several places with tip of sharp knife. You can cook Cheesy Potato Broccoli using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Potato Broccoli
- Prepare 3 of medium steamed potatoes.
- You need 1 of green bell.
- You need half of onion-chopped.
- Prepare of Mozzarela cheese.
- Prepare of broccoli-cut into bite size.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Garlic Sauce (Original recipe by Natasha's Kitchen Website).
- It’s 2 tbsp of margarine/butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 200 ml of milk (I use fibercream).
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder/ 2 cloves of garlic-crushed/grated.
- Prepare of salt, pepper, sugar, lil bit of chicken powder.
Season with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined. Turn off heat and add cheddar cheese. Cheesy Broccoli Potato Casserole is a surprising twist on traditional casseroles and is sure to become a family favorite! Mashed potatoes, bacon, broccoli and three types of cheese create a cheesy potato bake like no other!
Cheesy Potato Broccoli instructions
- Steamed the potatoes (skin on) till it soften. While waiting for the potato, on a medium heat, melt 2 tbsp margarine in the sauce pan, put 2 tbsp of flour, stir till you can smell such a nice baking aroma..
- Pour a cup of milk into the roux, mix it till it smooth and thicken.
- Put the grated garlic, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, sugar and chicken powder into the mixture then whisk it in a low heat. Let it simmer and turn off the heat..
- While waiting the sauce to cool down and thicken, boil the broccoli for about 4 minutes or until it is soften.
- After the potatoes cook through, peel off the skin, cut into 4/ 5 thin slice, and lay it on a baking tray. On top of the potatoes, put the garlic sauce, dice green bell pepper, chopped onion, broccoli and mozzarella. Drizzle it with olive oil and season it with black pepper. Put it into the preheated oven in 180c for about 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted..
- Serve it with your favourite dressing (mine is roasted sesame by Kewpie!).
This baked potato casserole has a surprising combination of flavors and textures. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Cook the potatoes until fork tender, then whiz the mixture with an immersion blender. Add the broccoli and milk to the soup and cook until the broccoli is al dente. Add the cheese to the soup one cup at a time, stirring until melted between additions.