Japanese boiled egg recipe. Delightful Japanese Recipes, Bursting With Fresh Flavours Looking For Japanese Recipe? Remove the pot from the heat. Using a ladle, gently place each egg in the pot.
Take the eggs from the fridge and gently lower the eggs into the water with a slotted ladle. How to Make Japanese Soft Boiled Egg Once boiling, take out the eggs from the refrigerator and gently put the eggs in the boiling water using a slotted spoon. You can cook Japanese boiled egg recipe using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese boiled egg recipe
- You need of eggs, hard boiled and peeled.
- It’s of sliced onions.
- Prepare of mirin&sake.
- It’s of japanese soy sauce (each preference).
- You need of fish sauce.
- Prepare of chili, thinly sliced (optional).
Three-quarters fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, carefully add the eggs to the pan and boil for exactly six minutes. Use a timer as the eggs want to be just. Lower to medium heat once it comes to a boil.
Japanese boiled egg recipe instructions
- Put in the slice onions into a glassware container, add in the 2 hard-boiled eggs…
- Add in some slice chilli, (optional) and pour in the half cup mirin & sake mix, 1 tablespoon japanese soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon fish sauce (Thai/Vietnam type) Do make sure the mix sauce cover over the eggs!.
- Then cover and leave it in the fridge overnight, take out next day, eat it with a salad, rice or on it's own, assure you'll like this easy to do tasty eggs dish 😋.
Pierce a tiny hole in the bottom of each egg carefully with a thumbtack. This prevents the egg from cracking. When boiling, take out the eggs from the refrigerator and carefully and slowlysubmerge the eggs into the boiling water with a mesh strainer/skimmer or ladle to prevent the eggs from cracking. Let it boil on the high heat and add all the other optional ingredients: a piece of kombu, around two full tablespoons of bonito flakes, one leek cut into big pieces, sliced ginger and garlic. Now, set it aside to cool down before marinating eggs.