Chewy, gooey cookie recipe. In a medium bowl, cream together the peanut butter, shortening, and brown sugar. Stir in the egg, milk and almond extract. Sift together the all-purpose flour, rye flour, baking soda and salt, add to the creamed mixture and mix until just combined.
Mix all dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking soda and salt) in a separate small bowl. Gooey Butter Cookies As a native of St. Louis, I wanted to make a cookie version of the famous gooey butter cake. You can have Chewy, gooey cookie recipe using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chewy, gooey cookie recipe
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 220 g of chocolate.
I like to use a spring-release cookie scoop. Slide the parchment paper (with the cookies) onto wire racks. These Gooey Butter cookies are made with a yellow cake mix, butter, cream cheese, and a few additional ingredients. They are so gooey, chewy, and moist – it's impossible to resit them!
Chewy, gooey cookie recipe instructions
- Mix together sugars and butter.
- Whisk the egg is a separate bowl and add it in slowly.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Add flour and chocolate.
- Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Divide into balls and put them onto a baking tray and squash them down.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes depending on how gooey you like the cookies.
When you need a quick and easy cookie recipe, cake mix cookies are the way to go! Cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix well; it will be very crumbly. Add egg mixture, plus oats and pecans (optional).