Easy Vegetable Beef Soup. There's no need to spend all day at the stove with this vegetable beef soup recipe. Pour water and tomatoes into the pot. Season soup with garlic powder, sea salt, basil, and black pepper.
In a large soup pot, cook ground meat over medium heat until browned. DIRECTIONS In skillet, brown beef and drain off fat. Directions In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. You can cook Easy Vegetable Beef Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Vegetable Beef Soup
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of water or beef broth or 2 tbsp beef soup base.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (10.5 oz) of condensed tomato soup.
- It’s 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of bag of mixed frozen vegetables.
- It’s 1 of zucchini (optional).
- You need 2 of medium russet potatoes.
Quick and Easy Vegetable Beef Soup. Nothing beats my Mom's slow-cooked vegetable soup. It's a labor of love that starts with stew meat in the slow cooker overnight and is finished the next day with tons of fresh veggies. As a kid I could often convince her to add macaroni too.
Easy Vegetable Beef Soup instructions
- In large pot or dutch oven add your ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink and onions are translucient..
- Add your salt and pepper and mix till combined..
- Mix in your beef broth, tomatoes, tomato soup, worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning, bay leaves, parsley and vegetables and potatoes..
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until potatoes are tender and take bay leaves out. Garnish with green onions or sour cream or parmesan or all 3..
- Notes: You can use petite diced tomatoes or regular diced tomatoes, depending on how small you like your tomatoes in the soup. You can substitute the Worcestershire sauce for balsamic vinegar, I love the little tang that it gives the soup and I've done this multiple times. You can also stir in some cooked macaroni noodles to make this a beef Vegetable Noodle Soup.
It's amazing and so chock full of flavor. Melt-in-your-mouth chunks of beef, vegetables and potato in a hearty herb infused broth. The best vegetables to put in this soup are carrots, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, and green beans. That said, this is a great recipe for using up whatever you have lying around. There are very few vegetables that wouldn't taste good in this soup!