Instant pot egg bites. Remove the egg bites from the pressure cooker: Wearing heat-proof mitts, grasp the ends of the wire rack to lift the egg bite mold out of the pot. Use a spoon to scoop the bites out of the mold and transfer them to a serving dish. Beat eggs in a medium bowl until yellow and frothy.
Add bacon bits and green onions to the egg mixture, then mix until just combined. Pressure Cook Egg Bites: Pour egg mixture into the silicone egg bites molds. Lightly wrap & cover the top of the egg bites mold with aluminum foil. You can have Instant pot egg bites using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant pot egg bites
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shredded cheese – I used aged cheddar but recipe calls for Gruyére Cheese, shredded (or emmental, jarlsberg, beaufort, or comté cheese).
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Chives or green onion minced (if you have a good blender then just cut up).
- You need 3 slices of Cooked Thick Sliced Bacon, chopped (or 1/2 cup Cooked Crumbled Sausage).
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of Optional Add-Ins: • corn, 1 tsp Hot Sauce • 1/2 cup Broccoli (cooked, chopped small) • 1/2 cup Tomatoes, deseeded, diced • 1/2 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers, diced • 1/2 cup Mushrooms, diced.
- It’s of Tools needed for instant pot:.
- Prepare of Cooking Spray Egg Bites Silicone Mold.
- It’s of Instant Pot® Pressure Cooker.
- Prepare of Trivet/Rack w/long handles, for the mold to sit on.
- Prepare of Blender.
- Prepare of And Foil.
Pull trivet and mold out of Instant Pot, unwrap, and gently pop egg bites out of mold onto a plate. Amazon's Choice highlights highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately. Place the trivet into the pot. Place the egg cups into the pot and tuck in the foil if it extends beyond the top of the pot.
Instant pot egg bites step by step
- Spray the silicone egg bites mold with the cooking spray. Then Set aside..
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese, heavy cream, (use whatever cheese you love) Gruyére cheese, pepper, and chives to the blender and blend for 2 minutes on medium speed, or blend well or until the mixture is light and fully. Be careful not to blend dark ingredients with you egg mixture. The result could look nasty but taste delicious..
- Next fill the egg bite mold openings halfway with the egg mixture. Then add 3/4 of the chopped bacon or other add-ins you decided on (I used mushrooms and corn) and gently press them in. Continue filling with the egg mixture, and top with remaining bacon, and press it in..
- Pour 1 cup of water into the inner stainless liner of the pot. Then set the full egg bites mold on the trivet and very carefully set it in the pot. Loosely cover with foil..
- Close the lid of the pot and set the steam release knob to the sealing position..
- Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button (or dial) then press the +/- button (or dial) to select 8 minutes. The pot will take a few minutes to come to pressure..
- When the cook cycle is finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 8 minutes (8 minute Natural Release). Then open the steam release valve to Quick Release the remaining pressure until the pin in the lid drops down..
- Open the lid and remove the foil. Use silicone mitts to grasp the trivet handles and carefully remove the egg bites mold. Set aside to rest for about 4 minutes. They may be puffed up quite a bit, but they will go back down. They will come out of the mold easier if they cool a little..
- Serve warm as is, or with any garnish you like..
- Recipe Notes *If you like lots of add-ins in one batch, you may have too much mixture for one mold to hold it all. Maybe consider getting a second mold, or make another batch. One batch yields 7 Instant Pot Egg Bites.
- Calories: 118 kcal per egg bite.
Place the lid on the pot and seal it. Egg bite molds are one of the best accessories for your Instant Pot, and not just for making copycat Starbucks sous-vide egg bites; you can also use them for making muffins and other recipes with individual-size portions. In order to make these Egg Bites, you'll need two six-compartment silicone ice cube trays, which will be filled with your egg mixture and cooked in your Instant Pot for an easy anytime idea. Instant Pot egg bites are delicious protein packed breakfast or snack for on the go! This economical version of egg bites is often found at Starbucks.