Tea Cake Cookies. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For Tea Cake Cookies? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add milk and vanilla; beat well. This is a simple tea cake recipe with butter, eggs, and other ingredients. Flatten the cookies with a glass dipped in sugar or vanilla sugar if you wish. You can cook Tea Cake Cookies using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tea Cake Cookies
- It’s 3 cup of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Butter, melted.
Try this buttermilk tea cake variation. Beat in the egg and vanilla. This recipe took me back to when I was a little girl growing up in Forrest City, Arkansas. Lucy (a grandma figure) used to baby sit me and she made tea cakes that looked and tasted JUST LIKE these!
Tea Cake Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Mix all dry ingredients into a large bowl..
- Melt butter and mix into dry ingredients. Add vanilla and eggs..
- Mix dough and kneed with hands until well combined and forms ball of dough. (Add more flour if needed).
- Roll out onto a flour dusted surface. Cut circles out of dough with small coffee cup or any desired shape of cookie cutter..
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes. Or until slightly brown..
- Decorate if desired after cooling. Store or serve..
A Traditional Southern tea cakes recipe makes simple cookies with more of a cake like taste. They have been pared-down ingredient list which results in a simple flavor. The term "tea cake" comes from the fact that the cookie lends itself to being paired with a cup of hot tea. Home > Recipes > Old Time > Old Time Tea Cake Cookies. At their most basic, tea cakes are simply flour and sugar combined with butter and buttermilk.