Pesto Pasta Recipe. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Boil spaghetti in a large pan according to pack instructions. Drain well, then return to the pan with the pesto and half the Parmesan.
Easy pasta dish with cooked chicken, peas, pesto sauce, creme fraiche and fresh basil. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta and vegetables and stir through the pesto. You can cook Pesto Pasta Recipe using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pesto Pasta Recipe
- Prepare of Ingredients for basil pesto.
- It’s of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare of garlic.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of nuts such as : almond. Cashew, pine nuts, walnuts.
- You need of Mozarella cheese.
- Prepare of Salt – pepper.
- You need of Ingredients for pasta.
- Prepare of pasta penne.
- You need of Few cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
An Italian dark green sauce for pasta originating in Genoa. It's made from pine nuts blended with fresh basil, parmesan or pecorino cheese, garlic and olive oil. Drain pasta in a colander, leave it for a minute. Transfer pasta to a bowl (do not use pasta cooking pot, too hot).
Pesto Pasta Recipe instructions
- To make the basil pesto, combine basil leaves, almonds, cloves of garlic, some olive oil, Mozzarella cheese and, season with salt and pepper in a bowl..
- With a food processor blend it until you have a smooth paste, and add remaining of olive oil. Mix well and set aside..
- Simply cook Penne pasta in salted water until cooked well and is soft. Heat some water in a pot, add some salt, and make sure salt is enough. Bring it to a boil. Add Penne pasta and boil it until soft (about 15 minutes)..
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry cherry tomatoes for 2-3 minutes, until slightly soft..
- Add pesto sauce and fried tomatoes to the pasta and gently mix together. Garnish with cheese and drop some olive oil..
- If there is leftover sauce, store it in an airtight jar in the fridge for a week..
Toss to coat pasta in pesto, adding more water if required to make pasta silky and saucy, rather than dry and sticky. Halve or quarter the tomatoes, add to the chicken and give the pan a shake. Stir the spinach into the pasta pan, then drain, reserving a cupful of the starchy cooking water. Return the pasta, beans and spinach to the pan, pour in the pesto from the processor and stir together, loosening with splashes of cooking water until silky. Set aside the pasta to cool.