Vegetable Beef Soup. Stir corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste with the beef. Pour tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Place roast in a large Dutch oven.
Taste of Home has the best vegetable beef soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. This homemade vegetable beef soup recipe combines beef stew meat with traditional frozen vegetables to create a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy. You'll love how the broth of this beef soup recipe is slightly thickened so it's like gravy and has extra flavour from a secret ingredient! You can have Vegetable Beef Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Beef Soup
- It’s 1 lb of stew beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 stalks of celery.
- It’s 3 of small carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 of white potatoes, small diced.
- Prepare 3 ears of corn, cut off cob.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen baby Lima beans.
- It’s 1 of small can lesueur peas.
- Prepare 1 can of green beans.
- Prepare 1 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 24 of oz's V8 juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
The best cut of meat for vegetable beef soup is stew meat. Any cut of beef will work, but stew meat is inexpensive and will become tender when you cook it for a long time in the soup. There's no sense in wasting money on a pricey cut of meat for this recipe. Occasionally we will also use top or bottom round when it goes on sale.
Vegetable Beef Soup step by step
- Cut stew beef into bite sized cubes. Brown in saute pan and transfer to a large stock pot..
- Add carrots, celery and onions to saute pan and cook until tender. Transfer to stock pot with beef..
- Add just enough water to cover and simmer until beef is tender. Keep an eye on the water level and add more if necessary..
- Add potatoes, corn and lima beans to stock pot. Add additional water to cover. Cook over medium heat until potatoes start to get tender..
- Add remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!.
- NOTE: Beef and vegetables can be browned in the stock pot. I just prefer the saute pan. NOTE: One pound of ground beef can be substituted for beef stew with the same delicious results..
Add diced onion and cook until softened a bit. The soup is a fabulous cold-weather meal, and the fact that it is made with beef shanks means it is easy on the budget. The bones from the shanks add flavor to the soup, but stewing beef or cubed beef chuck can be used instead. Divine Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty, savory and comforting meal in a bowl. A good hearty beef stew just makes life a little better.