Snickerdoodles. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Snickerdoodles are one of the most beloved cookie recipes ever created.
Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside. Roll into small balls until round and smooth. Drop into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well. You can have Snickerdoodles using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- You need 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tsp of pure vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tbs of baking powder.
- It’s 3 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare of For coating:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of nutmeg.
Using a spoon, coat for a second time, ensuring the cookie balls are completely covered. *To make flatter snickerdoodles, press down in the center of the ball before placing in. If desired, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. If followed correctly, the recipe results in flavorful, light, buttery, and fluffy snickerdoodles! In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add nutmeg, vanilla and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add powder and mix.
- Add flour slowly, and scrape down mixer as needed.
- Scoop cookies, rolling each cookie into a ball with your hands.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for topping.
- Roll each cookie in topping a d place on cookie sheet.
- They will not spread but will need to be flattened with a spatula before baking.
- Bake about 12 minutes, centers should be soft but not doughy..
- For traditional sugar cookies, just roll out and cut the dough into shapes. It won't need to be refrigerated. Frost or decorate as you like.
- For peppermint "kringles", omit nutmeg and use only 1 tsp of vanilla. Add 2-3 tsp peppermint extract and 1 tsp of red food coloring..
- Roll each kringle in red and green nonpareils or regular sugar instead of the cinnamon sugar.
Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (always recommended for cookies). Make the topping: Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Make the cookies: Whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Snickerdoodles are characterized by a cracked surface and can be either crisp or soft depending on the ingredients used. Snickerdoodles are often referred to as "sugar cookies".