Old Fashioned Cornbread Dressing. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery and onion until soft. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Learn how to make a flavorful, cornbread dressing made the true southern way!
Add the celery and onion and saute until soft. Add the vegetables and butter to the bowl with the cornbread and gently mix. Add the crumbled white bread, broth, milk, beaten eggs, salt, poultry seasoning, sage, and pepper to the bowl and stir well. You can cook Old Fashioned Cornbread Dressing using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Cornbread Dressing
- You need of Getting ready.
- You need of boiled chicken, save borth from chicken..
- It’s of broiled liver , (u can leave out if u want).boil w / chicken. take liver out when done , chicken will boil longer then liver..
- It’s of of crackers, crushed.
- Prepare of Recipe for my corn bread is on my profile..
- It’s of already made cornbread ..
- It’s of boiled eggs,.
- It’s of Vegetables.
- Prepare of white onion diced small..
- It’s of green bell pepper, diced small.
- It’s of celery , diced small…
- Prepare of green onions.chopped small.
- You need of Seasonings.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of sage.
- It’s of butter.
One of the changes we made to this old fashioned cornbread dressing was adding a unique dried sage. My daughter and I found and tried this sage called, "Rubbed Dalmatian Sage" a few years ago and now we always use it. We believe it's totally packed with intense sage flavor and is perfect for our dressing. This Southern-style cornbread dressing recipe is made the classic, old-fashioned way with fresh cornbread crumbs and diced chicken (if desired).
Old Fashioned Cornbread Dressing step by step
- add crumble cornbread, crushed crackers, chop boiled eggs into small pieces. combined into a large bowl..
- shred Chicken into small pieces, chop liver into small small pieces.
- put chicken ,liver into cornbread in the lg bowl..
- saute the green bell peppers the celery and the white onions, in a pan.with the butter..
- put the vegetables that you suate a into the cornbread mix, now add season, and green onions into all ingredients, should be all together ,now add chicken broth not too wet , moistsave remaining chicken broth, for later on..
- preheat your oven at 400.
- now combine all ingredients into the pan , in Turkey baking pan . cook until golden brown, should take about 40 minutes.
- now we're done ready for good eating..
The dressing is baked in a large baking pan, which is the recommended method, but if you choose to cook the stuffing in a turkey, make sure you follow the steps to stuff the bird safely. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Crumble cornbread into broth mixture, and stir until well combined. In a large bowl, combine the crumbled corn bread, onion, garlic, celery and eggs. Easy Cornbread Dressing : Here's an easy recipe for an old-fashioned cornbread dressing to serve alongside your turkey, yet hearty enough to be served as a meal on its own.