Lee's Snickerdoodles. This is just my twist on a classic recipe. Then beat in the eggs and scrape the bowl. Turn the mixer to low and.
Like a sugar cookie wrapped in a cinnamon sugar hug, these irresistible cookies never go out of style. My recipe yields the softest and thickest snickerdoodles you'll ever taste. I like to call them snickerdoodle pillows because they are perfectly fat and puffy! You can have Lee's Snickerdoodles using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lee's Snickerdoodles
- It’s 400 of Degree Preheated Oven.
- It’s 1 Cup of (whole stick) Butter Flavored Vegetable Shortening.
- You need 1 of 1\2 Cups White Granulated Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Large Eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 2 3/4 Cups of AP Flour.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Cream of Tartar.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of "Sugar and Cinnamon Mixture to Coat".
- You need 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon.
In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Keep snickerdoodles stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Place a piece of parchment paper in between layers to prevent the cinnamon sugar from becoming moist. They will last for a good seven days.
Lee's Snickerdoodles instructions
- Cream together first 4 ingredients until light and creamy. A stand mixer works best..
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, tartar and salt until well combined. In another bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside..
- Mix flour mixture into the wet mixture a little at a time until well combined. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour..
- Scoop out dough into golf ball sized rounds. Generously roll around in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on baking sheet leaving room between the cookies. Lightly grease baking sheet to prevent sticking..
- Bake cookies at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be done when they are turning brown on top and just starting to crack a bit. They should be soft and somewhat chewy at this point..
- This should make just over 2 dozen cookies. Enjoy.
If you want them to last a bit longer, place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you think snickerdoodles are simply cinnamon sugar cookies, think again. Properly made, they have crispier edges and chewier middles, with a rich and tender crumb beneath their shimmery crusts. Once upon a time, those qualities came from cutting butter with hydrogenated shortening, but virgin coconut oil does a better job. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla.