Vegetable beef soup. Stir corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste with the beef. Pour tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Place roast in a large Dutch oven.
There's no need to spend all day at the stove with this vegetable beef soup recipe. A hearty Vegetable Beef Soup with melt-in-your-mouth slow cooked chunks of beef, potato and vegetables simmered in a herb infused savoury broth. You'll love how the broth of this beef soup recipe is slightly thickened so it's like gravy and has extra flavour from a secret ingredient! You can cook Vegetable beef soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable beef soup
- Prepare 1-1.5 pounds of leftover beef roast, diced.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 pound of diced carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 3 of medium potatoes, diced.
- You need 2 cups of purple cabbage, diced.
- You need 1 can of diced stewed tomatoes, with juice.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of Seasoning to taste: basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper flakes.
Vegetable beef soup is super comforting and hearty. This recipe calls for potatoes, corn, butter beans and more. It's perfectly hearty and filling thanks to the abundance of vegetables and the tender chunks of beef. That said, this is a great recipe for using up whatever you have lying around.
Vegetable beef soup instructions
- Sauté the onion, cabbage, and carrots in butter until slightly softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let cook at a soft boil for 20-30 minutes or until veggies are cooked to your liking. Stir occasionally..
There are very few vegetables that wouldn't taste good in this soup! Vegetable beef soup shortcuts Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect cozy soup and such a good way to use up all those veggies stocked in the fridge! It's perfectly hearty and filling thanks to the tender chunks of protein-rich beef and abundance of nutritious vegetables. Plus it's a versatile recipe so feel free to replace veggies with others you may have on hand. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, combine the beef shanks, beef stock, onion, celery, pepper, bay leaf, and salt.