Beef Onion Soup. In a big soup pot over medium-high heat, let the oil get warm. Prepare soup according to package directions; add beef. Top each with a French bread slice.
I wanted to make a soup for bro week because one of the reasons I decided to do this week in the first place was my friend asking for an easy soup recipe to cook for his sick girlfriend. This classic Beefy French Onion Soup is thick with caramelized onions in a rich, beef and wine broth. Each serving of soup is topped with a slice of toasted bread and gooey melted Gruyère cheese. You can cook Beef Onion Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Onion Soup
- Prepare 1/2 pound of potato.
- You need 2-1/2 pound of ground chuck.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 2 of large onion.
- It’s 1 quart of beef broth.
- You need 2/3 pound of carrots.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of parmesan cheese shredded.
It is the long, slow cooking process under low heat that creates the caramelizing of the onions and their complex flavors. French Onion Soup with Homemade Beef Stock. Of course you can always buy beef stock too (if you are in a bit of a hurry)! Combine the condensed mushroom soup, water, and onion soup mix.
Beef Onion Soup step by step
- Slice the onion peel, slice it In half and then slice thinly..
- Peel and cube the potato, slice the carrots, and chop the celery..
- Brown the beef with the onions, carrots, celery, and Potatoes..
- When browned Add the spices..
- Add the broth and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!! I served with my homemade croutons..
Pour the soup mixture over the pot roast and vegetables. Pairing a roast beef with instant onion soup mix and canned soup is a tasty way to prepare any type of roast but is an especially effective cooking technique to moisten and tenderize an inexpensive roast. Preparing the roast takes only minutes. Put the beef (browned or not) in the slow cooker with the onion soup mix, bouillon, water, potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, and garlic. While the soup is in the oven make the caramelized onions.