Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup. Delicious Diet Plans for Effective Weight Loss. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Instructions Dice the onion and add it to a large pot along with the butter (or coconut oil). Sauté the onion until soft and.
Add the diced onion, garlic and Thai curry paste. This creamy Thai carrot soup is flavored with a mildly spicy Thai curry paste blended into a creamy carrot soup with coconut milk and ginger. The Thai inspired carrot soup is healthy, vegan, and easy to make. You can have Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup
- You need of oil.
- It’s of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- It’s of garlic- chopped fine.
- Prepare of ginger- chopped fine.
- It’s of small carrots- small dice (chopping up small in a food processor works well).
- It’s of flour.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- It’s of Thai Red Curry Paste (Warning some are spicier than others:).
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of (this needs salt, sweet and spice so each varies to taste).
Next, add in the carrots and cook for a few minutes, just to start the cooking process. Finally, add in the curry powder, cumin, and salt. Stir to coat everything then add in coconut milk. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Thai Curry Carrot Coconut Soup step by step
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent.
- Add the, chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and dust with all the flour, stirring in for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken stock in pot and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes. (Check to make sure the carrots are tender).
- When the carrots are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you..
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer..
- Adjust the seasoning with red curry paste, salt and brown sugar..
- Basil,cilantro, scallions or bacon bits are all tasty things to add as a garnish..
Bring the soup to a boil then turn the heat to low. Add in the cabbage, cilantro, green onion tops, and the coconut milk. Add the broth, coconut milk, carrots, lemongrass, and red pepper to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the lemongrass stalks from the pot.