Seafood Gratin with Homemade Sauce. Method For the gratin, bring the stock to a simmer in a large saucepan. Grease six shallow ovenproof gratin dishes or one. Seafood Gratin with Homemade Sauce cookpad.japan.
Rick Stein's seafood gratin is simple to prepare but luxurious too, making it ideal for feeding a crowd. In this recipe, it will be the smell of the bubbling emmental cheese on the seafood gratin. I thought the accompanying caramelised apple might be a bit too 'Normande' for foreign consumption. You can have Seafood Gratin with Homemade Sauce using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood Gratin with Homemade Sauce
- It’s of x 2 packs Mixed frozen shrimp and scallops.
- It’s of Onion (sliced).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of White wine.
- Prepare of Macaroni.
- You need of Mixed cheese.
- It’s of Parsley (dried).
- Prepare of Easy! Simple White Sauce (Recipe ID: 1449234).
- Prepare of Unsalted butter.
- You need of Flour.
- Prepare of Milk.
- Prepare of Bay leaf.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
- Prepare of Heavy cream.
- Prepare of Consomme stock granules.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Make sure the seafood is very fresh. Arrange fish fillets in single layer in greased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with wine, lemon juice, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan, then add the caster sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
Seafood Gratin with Homemade Sauce step by step
- Slowly melt the butter in a pan over low heat, add the sifted flour and heat while making sure it doesn't burn..
- After turning off the heat, add warmed milk in two batches, quickly mixing it with a whisk after each addition..
- Add the bay leaf and nutmeg, simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and consomme stock granules and season with salt and pepper..
- Heat up the butter and olive oil in a pan, and fry the onion. Add the shrimp, scallops and white wine, season with salt and pepper and evaporate the alcoholic content..
- Add the seafood from Step 4 with its sauce to the pan from Step 3 and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the cooked macaroni into the sauce from Step 5 and bring to a boil while stirring well..
- Add the sauce from Step 6, cheese, and parsley in that order to the gratin dish and cook at 200℃ for about 10 minutes and it's done..
- "Shrimp and Scallop Creamy Rice Dish with Homemade Sauce"..
Arrange shrimp, scallops and crab in the bottom of prepared dishes. Pour sauce over seafood and cover with cheese. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain and pour into baking dish.