John’s Vegetable Beef Soup. Sauté in a large pot the onions, garlic and jalapeños in the olive oil on medium high heat. Add meat, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, and cook till meat is browned. Add all other ingredients and stir well to mix.
Add one tablespoon of oil to skillet and sauté the onions, carrots, celery and garlic for five minutes over medium heat. Add thyme, steak seasoning and bay leaf. Deglaze the pan by adding the canned tomatoes (with the juice) using a wooden spoon to remove any stuck-on proteins. You can have John’s Vegetable Beef Soup using 23 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of John’s Vegetable Beef Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of hamburger meat or stewed meat.
- You need 3-4 of medium potatoes diced.
- It’s 1 of soup bone.
- You need 4-5 of carrots diced.
- You need 2-3 stalks of celery diced.
- It’s 1 of diced sweet onion.
- You need 1 of large head diced garlic.
- It’s 1 of diced jalapeño.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can corn.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of beef broth.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of all spice.
- Prepare 1-3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1-3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of v-8 juice.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of Optional 1/4 to 1/2 fresh cabbage.
Cook five minutes on high, and add to the meat in the stockpot. Absolutely THE BEST vegetable beef soup recipe!! Ive tried many — this is the one! My husband never picks up his bowl and drinks the rest of the broth in any soup I make.
John’s Vegetable Beef Soup step by step
- Sauté in a large pot the onions, garlic and jalapeños in the olive oil on medium high heat..
- Add meat, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, and cook till meat is browned..
- Add all other ingredients and stir well to mix. Bring to a boil, then cut heat down to medium. Cook till potatoes & carrots are soft 20 to 30 minutes. Turn to simmer till ready to serve. Enjoy!.
Some would find this horrible table manners, but I found it to be quite the compliment! The best vegetables to put in this soup are carrots, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, and green beans. That said, this is a great recipe for using up whatever you have lying around. There are very few vegetables that wouldn't taste good in this soup! Vegetable beef soup shortcuts In a two-gallon stockpot, melt butter over medium high heat.