Mexican Street Corn Salad. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Discover Your City Delivery Restaurants near you.
Add corn and salt and cook until slightly. The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This Mexican Street corn salad recipe we are making today is made with off the cob corn. You can cook Mexican Street Corn Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Street Corn Salad
- You need 1 (16 oz) of bag frozen corn – thawed and "drained".
- You need 1 of poblano pepper – seeds removed, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sour cream.
- It’s 2 tbs of fresh cilantro – chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chipotle chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper (optional).
- You need of juice of one small lime.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Queso fresco, crumbled.
As it is not always possible to buy or get fresh corn ears this recipe is for you because there is no reason to pass on this great salad. You can make this corn salad just as well with frozen corn or with canned corn. By the way, you can also make esquites/Mexican street corn with corn on the cob. Just make sure it's crumbled or grated to give the salad that signature texture! char the corn; mix all ingredients; serve and enjoy!
Mexican Street Corn Salad instructions
- Spread corn out on a paper towel lined plate to absorb some of the moisture from thawing. Set aside while you deseed and dice the poblano pepper..
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil. As soon as butter is melted add corn and diced pepper. Spread out into an even layer. Let sit untouched for 2-3 minutes or until it starts smelling "toasty". Stir, scraping up any brown bits sticking to bottom. Spread out corn and cook 2 more minutes..
- Transfer corn mixture to a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients except Queso fresco. Drizzle over corn mixture and gently stir to coat..
- Add crumbled queso fresco, gently stir to incorporate. Garnish with additional cilantro and queso fresco if desired. Serve warm or chilled, but it's better warm..
STEP ONE: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter and the frozen corn. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat until shimmering. This delicious healthy side dish is made with grilled corn, fresh veggies, and the most delicious cotija yogurt sauce. Drop everything you're doing and make this Mexican Street Corn Salad today! Combine oil, butter, corn kernels, and salt in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.