Veggie Beef Soup. Pour tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Place roast in a large Dutch oven. Add the water, barley, onion, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
A soup of ground beef and stewed tomatoes simmered with onions, carrots, potatoes and celery in beef bouillon seasoned with thyme, bay leaf, and basil. This homemade vegetable beef soup recipe combines beef stew meat with traditional frozen vegetables to create a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy. Add cabbage, mixed vegetables, tomatoes, seasonings and broth; bring to a boil. You can have Veggie Beef Soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veggie Beef Soup
- Prepare 1 Carton of Low Sodium Vegetable Stock or Broth.
- You need 1 of Large Can Tomato Juice.
- You need 1 lb. of Ground Beef, cooked til no longer pink n grease drained.
- Prepare of Variety of Fresh or Frozen Vegetables of your choice.
- It’s of I used: Zucchini, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli,.
- You need of Carrots, Celery, and Yellow Squash.
A hearty Vegetable Beef Soup with melt-in-your-mouth slow cooked chunks of beef, potato and vegetables simmered in a herb infused savoury broth. You'll love how the broth of this beef soup recipe is slightly thickened so it's like gravy and has extra flavour from a secret ingredient! Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large Dutch oven, brown the meat in oil in batches; drain.
Veggie Beef Soup instructions
- Rinse all the vegetables and dry. Chop vegetables into bite size chunks. Add chopped veggies to a large cooking pot. Add the vegetable stock or broth and the tomato juice..
- Bring everything to a boil. Stirring occasionally. Then lower heat to medium low and simmer til all vegetables are tender..
- Then serve immediately. Store any leftovers in freezer zip lock bags once soup is completely cooled for an easy week night meal anytime..
Transfer to a large stockpot; add the garlic, bay leaves, thyme, water, tomato sauce and juice, bouillon and barley. Drain grease and mix beef into the pot. Stir the onion, celery, green bell pepper, and garlic into the skillet. Cook until tender, then mix into the pot. Place ground beef in a Dutch oven or slow cooker.