Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust. Make the cornbread batter according to the box instructions, but add the shredded cheddar as well. Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust ChefDoogles Chicago, IL. See recipes for Beef Enchiladas, Baked Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧 too.
Once the meat is in small pieces, add the salsa, salt, chipotle, and oregano. Fold in the ham, cheese, and chives or scallions. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, filling each three-quarter full. You can have Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust
- You need 1 of pork tenderloin; trimmed and small dice.
- It’s 1 of poblano pepper.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion; small dice.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- It’s 4 oz of diced green chiles.
- Prepare 10 oz of green enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 C of shredded chihuahua cheese.
- Prepare 1 T of ground coriander seed.
- It’s 2 t of cumin.
- It’s 1 t of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix.
- Prepare 4 oz of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. If you're a crust/edges person, you need to add this to your kitchen collection. I hope you have that pan of chili on and ready for these cornbread muffins to be dunked.
Pork Enchilada Pie w/ Cheddar-Corn Muffin Crust step by step
- Leave pork at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Make the cornbread batter according to the box instructions, but add the shredded cheddar as well. Wait 10 minites for mixture to thicken..
- Heat up a medium-small sized cast iron skillet..
- Season pork with half the cumin, coriander, smoked parika, and with salt and pepper. Brown quickly and remove to plate with a slotted spoon..
- Add veggies. Season with remaining spices, salt, and pepper..
- When veggies are nearly tender, return the pork to the pan..
- Add garlic and diced green chiles. Cook 1 minute..
- Add enchilada sauce and chihuahua cheese. Stir..
- Pour muffin mix slowly across the top. It helps to use a spoon to try to stretch out the batter..
- Variations; Crema, red enchilada sauce, mole, steak, chicken, corn, zucchini, sofrito, beer, thyme, white wine, cilantro, lime, crushed pineapple, crushed pepper flakes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, bacon, swiss cheese, oaxaca,.
You'll be adding this to your menu each time you have chili. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. (I prefer to use non-stick cooking spray so the muffins get nice and crisp on the edges.) In a medium bowl, break up the eggs with a whisk. Whisk in the honey, and then the milk. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk mixture and the melted butter to.