Spinach cheese curry (Green Curry paste). We Have Everything You Need All In One Place – Buy Now & Get Free Delivery On Your Order! Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Great recipe for Spinach cheese curry (Green Curry paste). #curry The lush green colour curry masala paste is prepared with the iron rich spinach. To make it more yummilicious choices can be Egg,Chicken, Cheese, tofu etc.
This is one of the milder Indian curries out there, both in heat and spice intensity. The gentle spicing from fenugreek, cumin and coriander plays well with the delicate spinach flavour, without overwhelming it. Heat oil in a deep, heavy bottomed saucepan on medium. You can cook Spinach cheese curry (Green Curry paste) using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach cheese curry (Green Curry paste)
- Prepare 5 Cups of chopped Spinach (Palak).
- Prepare Few of mint leaves (optional,added for flavour).
- You need 1/2 cup of Paneer (cubed into 1/2-inch pieces).
- It’s 4-5 cloves of crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 1-2 of small Green Chillies, seeded and chopped.
- You need 1/2 inch of Ginger, finely chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 5 of cashew nuts.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of coriander and cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 Scoop of Butter.
- Prepare Pinch of turmeric powder.
Add bay leaf, cinnamon and peppercorns. Add the ginger, garlic and lemongrass to the pan and saute for a few seconds. Add the chilies, coconut cream, stock and green curry paste. Cook and taste until you are happy with the flavor.
Spinach cheese curry (Green Curry paste) step by step
- Blanch the spinach and wash with cold water. Extremely cold water to retain the beautiful colour..
- Blend together spinach, mint leaves and 1 small cube butter. (The butter also helps to retain the green colour) with garlic, ginger, green chilli to a smooth paste. Don't add any water while blending.Set aside..
- In a pan heat up oil add Cumin seeds, Ginger, Garlic, Green chillies and onion..
- Cook everything until onion turns light brown. Boil the cashew and tomatoes and grind it to a puree..
- To the pan Add the tomato mixture together with turmeric,chilli powder, salt and garam masala. Cook this entire mixture for 6-8 mins..
- Mix in the spinach pure, paneer cubes and only cook for 2-3 minutes as cooking it further looses the colour. But make sure thoroughly..
- Top most Ghee Tadka:For Tadka heat a tbsp of ghee, once hot add chilli powder and pinch of asafoetida and set aside..
- Pour the ghee tadka on spinach bowl and Serve hot with naan, roti..
- Tip: It can be made prior to a party or for any get together and can be preserved up to a week by storing in a clean glass jar..
When the ghee melts, add the onions and fry gently until the are slightly browned and translucent. Add the spice powder, ginger, garlic, chopped tomatoes and green chilli paste and stir. Just before you are ready to serve, add the chopped spinach and stir around to mix. Fold the paneer into the saag paneer curry and serve with rice or naan. Heat the oil in a wide pan and add the garlic, turmeric, black pepper, spring onions and curry paste.