FRESH CORN TAMALES. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Get All The Latest Deals From Our Collection Online.
Bring bottom end up to meet top end; then tie empty ends closed with a strip of cornhusk, circling ends twice, to form a purse shape. I guess you could compare them to fresh corn and cheese tamales (and explaining the difference between a tamal from Ecuador and tamal from Mexico is a completely different story). Humitas are made using fresh corn, which is ground with other ingredients and then stuffed in a fresh corn husk and steamed. You can cook FRESH CORN TAMALES using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of FRESH CORN TAMALES
- Prepare 1 lb of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking power.
- Prepare 3 cup of suguar.
- Prepare 2 packages of masarepa (Yellow corn meal).
- Prepare 30 head of fresh corn.
- It’s 2 bunch of of corn husks.
- Prepare 1 of water.
In Ecuador, humitas are very popular in the Sierra or Highland region, especially in cities. Tamales de elote (corn sweet tamales) are a traditional recipe from the states of Michoacán and Guerrero in Mexico. This consists of a tamale prepared with fresh corn, milk and butter. The taste is sweet, mostly from the corn itself.
FRESH CORN TAMALES instructions
- start off by peeling corn, after peeling the corn remove the curnels..
- blend the corn with a cup of water..
- meanwhile, beat the butter,sugar and baking powder together..
- Add the mixture of the corn a cup at a time,then add the corn meal..
- Then mix all ingredients together until you see a masa mixture..
- meanwhile soak the corn husks in hot water so that you could remove one by one..
- Open corn husk an spoon in the mixture in the middle,close the longest side up (if u can tie the edges)..
- place in a pot open side up all around. (If u can used a evapotdora pot).
- cook for one hour and a half til form a tamale.
The texture is very soft and fluffy and, unlike the other types of tamales, this kind has not filling at all. In a large bowl, place the corn kernels and the diced chile peppers. Use a large spoon to mix the ingredients thoroughly. Once the filling is made, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Of course, corn husks, dried or fresh, are not the only leaves used for wrapping tamales.