1-Pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry. Super soak your moong dal or lentils in a bowl (or pot) and cover with water. Then rinse and drain Set your soaked and drained moong dal or lentils aside Heat a large rimmed skillet or pot over medium heat. Green curry with coconut milk, moong dal, cauliflower, and loads of greens!
Once hot, add oil, onion, ginger, green chilies if using, and garlic. Simple ingredients, tons of fiber and flavor, and SO easy to make! #glutenfree #dinner #vegan #curry #minimalistbaker #recipe. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil leaves and lime juice. You can have 1-Pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 1-Pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry
- It’s 3/4 cup of split mung beans/moong dal ➡️ sub with green/brown/golden lentils.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil OR avocado oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium shallots (thinly sliced).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of freshly chopped ginger.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves OR 2 tbsp minced garlic.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of green curry paste ➕ more to taste ➡️ store-bought will be more intense in flavor, so start with 3 tbsp and work your way up to preordered taste.
- Prepare 2 cups of roughly chopped cauliflower (or other seasonal vegetable of choice).
- Prepare 2 (13.5 oz) of cans light coconut milk (can sub half with vegetable broth for a lighter curry).
- You need 2 Tbsp of coconut aminos (plus more to taste, or sub tamari).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- You need 3-4 cups of chopped kale or spinach (or other green of choice).
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s of Prep.
- You need of Super soak your moong dal or lentils in a bowl (or pot) and cover with water. Allow to sit for at least 1 hour (to increase absorption and speed cook time), or overnight. Then rinse and drain.
- You need of Chop up your cauliflowers.
- Prepare of Slice/chop your ginger, shallots and garlic.
Taste and season with more salt as needed. The base of flavor is Thai-inspired green curry paste. Then we add garlic, ginger, and shallot and simmer in creamy coconut milk. Lentils and a few more spices and seasonings are added, making it sort of like a distant cousin to Indian dal.
1-Pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry instructions
- Set your soaked and drained moong dal or lentils aside.
- Heat a large rimmed skillet or pot over medium heat. Once hot, add your coconut or avocado oil, shallot, ginger, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Once sautéed, add curry paste and cook for 1-2 more minutes..
- Add cauliflower and sauté a few more minutes. Add coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer..
- Add in the moong dal, coconut aminos, and maple syrup and stir baby stir..
- Return to a simmer and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes or until your moong dal is tender..
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add in your greens (kale, spinach, etc) and stir until the greens are wilted (about 3 minutes)..
- Now taste it! Add lime juice for acidity, maple syrup for sweetness, coconut aminos or salt for saltiness, or green curry paste for more intense curry flavor..
- Serve plain like a stew, or over grains like rice or quinoa. Garnish with cashews and lime juice (both optional)..
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Rehydrate with water or coconut milk as needed..
Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cooking Recipes Healthy Recipes Easy Recipes Gastronomia. Green curry with coconut milk, moong dal, cauliflower, and loads of greens! This cauliflower peas curry gets baked in the oven. Creamy roasted flavors without standing around roasting the sauce.