Baked Chicken, Weenee's style. Great discounts and savings on top home brands. Choose from Variety of Luxury Food Hampers and Gift Boxes. Great recipe for Baked Chicken, Weenee's style.
Place the chicken breast on the tray – if cooking more than one breast, space them well apart. Tip a couple of tbsp olive oil into a small roasting tin. Add the lemon slices and then sit the chicken on top. You can have Baked Chicken, Weenee's style using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken, Weenee's style
- It’s 1 kg of Chicken.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dried Rosemary.
- It’s 3 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 of satchet chicken seasoning.
- You need 1 of stock cube.
- It’s 5 of habanero pepper.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of suya spice(see my recipe on stage spice for details.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Vegetable oil for glazing.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Margarine to grease baking tray.
Rub the top of each chicken breast with a little olive oil and then season well. Enjoy this healthy chicken traybake with a speedy spinach side that's packed with iron. Peel the onions and cut into large wedges, then deseed and roughly chop the peppers. Add all these to the tray along with the chicken thighs.
Baked Chicken, Weenee's style instructions
- Wash and clean chicken then place in a bowl; add in the soy sauce, dried thyme & Rosemary, bay leaves, chicken seasoning, stock cube and some salt..
- Mix in the ingredients and allow marinate for about 4-5 hours (you can place in the refrigerator).
- Chop up the remaining ingredients (peppers and onion) and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 200°.
- Grease your baking tray with some margarine.
- Place marinated chicken unto baking tray, then lace with the chopped onions and peppers and lastly the Suya powder(if there's any stock, pour in some too).
- Bake for 30 minutes then sprinkle the vegetable oil on the chicken to glaze, bake for 15 minutes more or till done. Serve and enjoy away.
Add half the spice mix to a large bowl with the buttermilk and chicken. Mix to coat the chicken, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight. Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge. Mix the reserved spices with the. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven until the chicken meat is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear.