Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod. Caught a nice wild Ling cod on the first day of the season. Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod Poke bratwurst several times with a small fork, and place into a saucepan with the beer. Bacon-Wrapped, Stout-Battered Onion Rings Make You a Better Person.
Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod cod filets. Dip cod into the batter and allow any excess batter to drip. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and dill. You can cook Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod
- Prepare 2 lbs of cod filets. Portioned.
- Prepare of Thin strips of bacon.
- It’s of For the batter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1 tbs of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of each, dry mustard, white pepper, smoked paprika.
- Prepare 12 Oz of beer. Lager or pilsner.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
- You need of Tooth picks.
- Prepare of Tartar sauce.
Add beer, milk and eggs; mix well. Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod. granulated chicken bouillon • beer. Lager or pilsner • cod filets. Portioned • Thin strips of bacon • For the batter • flour • cornmeal • baking powder Wrap a piece of bacon around the brat, roll them in your sugar mixture and place them on your baking sheet with the bacon flap side down.
Brad's bacon wrapped beer battered Ling cod step by step
- Portion cod into serving sized pieces. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Let sit a couple minutes..
- Heat oil in fryer to 360 degrees..
- Mix dry ingredients for batter. Slowly mix in beer, preferably left open for an hour so it is less carbonated..
- Use an entire strip of bacon to completely wrap piece of fish. Secure with a tooth pick..
- Dip fish in batter. Coat completely. Let excess drip off. Slowly dip in hot oil. Cook 5-6 minutes. Flip over once..
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce. Enjoy.
- Don't forget to remove the toothpick..
Let them drain on paper towels before serving. Add some mustard to your serving plate, and let them eat! The thin batter gives the bacon a chance to cook. The beer batter inthis recipe is also great for battering and frying Shrimp, Oysters, Chicken Tenders, etc. Just a word on the Bacon: Beer and Bacon Battered Deep Fried Bacon If you're a regular reader of DudeFoods you might find this hard to believe, but out of all the things I've tried deep frying — mashed potatoes , nacho cheese , deviled eggs , lasagna and a ton more — I've still never made deep fried bacon.