Yum Woon Sen with Shio-Koji Soboro – Thai-style Salad. [Yum Woon Sen] Combine ★ ingredients into a bowl. Remove the shio-koji soboro from the freezer. Boil water in a pot and cook the shrimp over low heat.
Yum Woon Sen is a spicy Thai noodle salad, made with mung bean thread noodles and lean pork and it can be served warm or at room temperature. Mung Bean Thread Noodles are thin noodles that are also called cellophane or glass noodles. Yum Woon Sen (Thai Glass Noodle Salad) is a Thai classic dish that usually consists of Glass Noodles, seafood, ground pork and tossed with a delicious fresh light lime based dressing. You can cook Yum Woon Sen with Shio-Koji Soboro – Thai-style Salad using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yum Woon Sen with Shio-Koji Soboro – Thai-style Salad
- You need of Shio-koji soboro (an amount that's easy to freeze) – Recipe ID: 1865047.
- Prepare 500 grams of Ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 of an onion Onion.
- It’s 1 of 1/2~ tablespoons Shio-Koji -(if not available, 1/2 tablespoon salt).
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sake.
- You need of Yum Woon Sen.
- You need 50 grams of Cellophane noodles.
- It’s 100 grams of Peeled shrimp.
- You need 1 of ◎Julienned cucumbers.
- You need 4 cm of ◎Julienned carrots.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ◎Chopped green onion.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Shio-koji minced meat.
- Prepare 1 of less than 1 teaspoon ★Chili oil.
- It’s 1 of ~1 1/2 tablespoons ★ Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ★Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★Lime juice (lemon, lime juice).
- You need 1 of Cilantro.
There are many versions of Yum Woon Sen, based on who you talk to. Yum woon sen is bean thread noodles combined with seafood and ground meat, tossed with delicious classic dressing. This simple pasta salad is basically made by cooking all the ingredients together and mixing in the homemade sauce. In general, Thai salad is typically a harmony of all flavors.
Yum Woon Sen with Shio-Koji Soboro – Thai-style Salad step by step
- [Shio-Koji Soboro] Finely chop the onions. Boil plenty of water in a frying pan and add meat. Mix using cooking chopsticks..
- When the meat is cooked through, strain in a colander and remove moisture. Quickly clean the frying pan with a paper towel..
- Combine the blanched meat, onion, and seasonings into the frying pan in Step 2. Cook on low-medium heat until the moisture is gone. Place it in a freezer bag once it cools off and freeze..
- Wait for about 1 hour (after Step 3). Take out the bag from the freezer and crumble the meat apart over the bag. It's easier to take out if you do this..
- [Yum Woon Sen] Combine ★ ingredients into a bowl. Cut the ◎ vegetables. Remove the shio-koji soboro from the freezer..
- Boil water in a pot and cook the shrimp over low heat. Using the same water, cook the noodles for 2~3 minutes. Strain using a colander and cut into easy to eat lengths with scissors..
- While the glass noodles are still warm, combine the ★ ingredients into the bowl in Step 5. Add shrimp, vegetables, soboro and mix. Serve on a plate and top it with as much cilantro as you like..
- I used this lime juice, which has a lot of pulp. Lime juice is useful when you're trying to make this dish quickly..
- Chili oil: This is very spicy so if you don't like it spicy, use the milder chunky ra-yu on the right Both have garlic, red chili pepper, and more..
- I had a lot of recipes using 'Shio-Koji Soboro' so I decided to upload this in detail in 'Shio-Koji Soboro'-..
Heat ½-inch of water in a small saucepan over medium heat. When water boils, crumble chicken or pork into the pan. Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. Yum Woon Sen is a type of Thai salad made with clear bean vermicelli, or Glass Noodles. The ingredients are quite easy to obtain, and it just takes a few minutes to put together as a beautiful lunch or as part of a meal.