Boeuf Bourguignon. Bekijk ook eens onze Allerhande video's en ontdek hoe je de heerlijkste recepten bereidt. Sprinkle flour, marjoram, thyme, and pepper over beef. Pour red wine and beef broth into the skillet; stir well.
Drain and dry the lardons and rind and reserve. Like coq au vin, its sister dish from the Burgundy region of France, beef Bourguignon is a stew of meat slowly simmered in hearty red wine along with pearl onions, mushrooms and crisp, cubed bacon. For Bourguignon: Strain the meat from the vegetables and marinade; reserve marinade. You can cook Boeuf Bourguignon using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Boeuf Bourguignon
- It’s 230 g of sirloin steak.
- Prepare 4 pieces of bacon.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 of small potato.
- Prepare 100 g of mushrooms.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 bottle of Red Burgundy wine.
- You need 1 teaspoon of tomato purée.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of plain flour.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- You need of thyme.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
Cool, uncovered, then chill, covered (it tastes even better made ahead because it gives the flavors time to develop). If making ahead, it's easier to. Boeuf Bourguignon is a classic French stew of cubed beef, slow cooked in red wine and broth, and served with sautéed mushrooms and pearl onions. This is a family favorite recipe, from Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon in her book Julia's Kitchen Wisdom.
Boeuf Bourguignon instructions
- Prepare the ingredients: cut the onions, carrots and mushrooms into thin pieces. Chop the garlic. Slice the bacon. Cut the steak into chunky pieces and season the beef with salt and pepper..
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a frying pan. Cook the bacon with a medium high heat to bring out its oil. Put the fried bacon aside..
- Fry the beef with the bacon oil until it's nicely browned. Put the beef aside..
- Cook the onion and carrots in the same frying pan for a few minutes until the vegetables are softened with the flavour of the meat..
- Turn down the heat, put back the bacon and beef, add two tea spoons of plain flour and stir well..
- Add 250 ml of beef stock, 400 ml of Red Burgundy, one teaspoon of tomato purée. Season with 3 bay leaves, thyme and salt. Bring it to a simmer then cook for 30 minutes with the lid on..
- Use another pan to heat up some butter. Fry the mushrooms with the chopped garlic until its buttery browned..
- Add the mushrooms back to the simmering stew. Taste the gravy and adjust seasoning. Add more wine or stock to thin it out if needed. Cook for another 10 minutes and watch the gravy become rich and thickened..
- Boil a chopped potato and serve with the boeuf bourguignon..
Season beef with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven (or ovenproof pot) over medium heat, heat oil. Recipe from "Les Halles Cookbook," courtesy of Anthony Bourdain Boeuf Bourguignon is one of those classic French dishes that is easy to prepare, sticks to your ribs and will dazzle your guests. This is one recipe where you want to take your time cooking it, drinking a glass of wine or two while preparing it, and show it a lot of love. Place a colander over a large pot.