Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add beef; seal and shake to coat. Remove lid from the Instant Pot®.
The stew gets its rich flavor—and its name—from a generous amount of red wine, along with beef stock and a variety of herbs. Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon is a savory comfort meal full of fall-apart tender beef chunks and veggies. If Ina Garten and Julia Child created a beef bourguignon together – this would be it! You can cook Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
- It’s 500 g of lean beef.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Salt.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Pepper.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Water.
- You need 5 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 4 of Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 sachet of Colman's Beef Bourguignon.
- You need 425 ml of Water.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Mushroom Soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of Oil.
I use my Instant Pot at least once a week! Summary: This is a keto and pressure cooker version of Beef Bourguignon — a rich and comforting stew with tender meat and crispy bacon. Bacon fat is used to sear the beef, which is then pressure cooked with red wine, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon When the wine comes to a boil and you have scraped up the pan drippings, add the bone broth and herbs to the pot.
Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon step by step
- In your instant pot, add your oil. Cut up your beef into small chunks and sauté in the oil. Grind together the salt, pepper and garlic then add to the beef. Add worcestershire sauce..
- Sauté until fond starts forming and the beef has some colour. Add 1/4 Cup water, scrape off the fond and cover the lid. Close the pressure seal and cook for 1 hour. Slow release the pressure after it's finished..
- Cut the carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms to sizes of your preference. Add the sachet of beef Bourguignon to 425ml water and mix in..
- Open the instant pot and scoop out all of the water that the beef has cooked in (save in a container for future use as beef stock!).
- Add all of the vegetables and water with sachet into the instant pot. Mix together and then close the lid. Cook with pressure seal closed for 30 minutes..
- Fast release the pressure (be careful of the steam) and mix in the mushroom soy sauce. Salt and pepper to your tasting and mix in well. After 5 minutes, serve with a side of your choice..
- We served ours with white rice. The beef is so tender that it falls apart..
Return onions and mushrooms to the Instant Pot. When time is up, allow pressure to release naturally. This Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon is a classic French recipe full of flavour. Serve it over mashed potatoes or pasta for a complete meal for the whole family! This hearty dish, also known as Bœuf Bourguignon, is a classic French dish from the Burgundy region, where it's cooked with the local red Burgundy wine.