Beef bourguignon. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Book at Logis Le Bourguignon, Bèze.
Like coq au vin, its sister dish from the Burgundy region of France, beef Bourguignon is a stew of meat slowly simmered in hearty red wine along with pearl onions, mushrooms and crisp, cubed bacon. For the marinade: Combine the garlic, bay leaves, carrots, celery, onions and wine in a large bowl or container. Season beef with salt and pepper. You can have Beef bourguignon using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef bourguignon
- It’s 1 kg of Beef.
- You need 300 ml of Red Wine/Soy sauce.
- It’s 50 ml of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 100 g of Onions.
- You need 100 g of Carrot.
- You need 80 g of Celery Sticks.
- You need 100 g of Leek.
- It’s 2 Cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 25 g of Thyme.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt.
- It’s 300 ml of Cooking cream.
In a large Dutch oven (or ovenproof pot) over medium heat, heat oil. Beef Bourguignon Adapting this Beef Bourguignon from Julia's best seller, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, this dish raises a simple beef stew to an art form and is not too difficult to make at all. You don't need to be an experienced cook to try this in your kitchen at home. Beef Bourguignon is a French classic made with melt in your mouth beef, mushrooms, carrots, and red wine and is cooked to perfection in the most delicious rich sauce.
Beef bourguignon step by step
- Marinate the beef using:Black pepper, salt, cooking oil and say sauce/Red wine..
- Allow the beef to soak for 20 minutes. This enables it to gain the flavour of the ingredients used in marination..
- The soy sauce is the "option B"for Red wine. This helps in browning the beef..
- Heat a little oil in a thick bottom pan..
- Meanwhile, wash and peel the carrots,onions,celery sticks and grate them in the desired size and shape..
- In the heated oil, add in the marinated beef, brown it..
- Add in the grated onions,brown lightly..
- Then add in the celery and carrots, stir gradually to avoid them from drying..
- Add in the thyme powder, this brings out a nice aroma and flavour..
- The beef will now contain liquid from the Soy sauce/Red wine..
- Add in a cup of water. Let it boil for 20 minutes..
- When the beef is now ready and soft, add in the cooking cream..
- The cooking cream helps the soup to thicken. A mixture of wheat flour and water can also be used instead..
- Stir gradually for 5 minutes..
- The beef is now ready to serve..
- Serve while hot with chapattis/turmeric rice..
- Awesome dish..
A hearty and comforting meal that you will make again and again! Brown the remaining beef and add to the same bowl. Return the meats to the pot, sprinkle with the flour, season with a pinch of salt and pour in the wine and stock. Beef bourguignon is best served on a bed of carb-heavy starches, such as potatoes, rice or noodles. Beef Bourguignon also known as beef Burgundy because it originates from the Burgundy region in France.