Tofu Thai Green Curry. Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the green beans and asparagus tips for a minute, drain and refresh in cold. Heat the oil in a wok, add the green Thai curry. Pour in the hot stock, coconut milk and Thai fish sauce (if using) and bring to the boil.
This Thai Green Curry Tofu is a delicious, fragrant, creamy, satiating broth with fresh vegetables and the perfect balance between spicy, sweet and salty. Heat the oil in a large skillet. How to make Thai green curry with tofu. You can cook Tofu Thai Green Curry using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Thai Green Curry
- It’s of Tofu.
- Prepare of light soy sauce.
- Prepare of fresh aspagagus trimmed.
- You need of green beens trimmed.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s of green Thai curry paste.
- You need of shallots, finely chopped.
- Prepare of green chilli deseeded and finely chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, crushed.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- Prepare of baby corn.
- Prepare of courgette, cut into thin slices.
- It’s of red pepper, trimmed and cut into thin strips.
- Prepare of pak choi (I left it out).
- It’s of Juice of 1 small lime.
- It’s of chopped coriander plus extra for garnish.
- You need of spring onions, trimmed and cut into thin slices.
You can be as obsessive or as nonchalant about toasting every side evenly. Tongs are needed for total control or you can just knock the skillet around to jumble them up. Crush the peanuts in a pestle and mortar and toast in the tofu pan until lightly golden. Serve the curry topped with the golden tofu and peanuts, drizzled with a little sesame oil.
Tofu Thai Green Curry instructions
- Drain the tofu, wrap in kitchen paper to remove excess water for 20 minutes, cut into 1 cm pieces and place in the soy sauce to marinate..
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the green beans and asparagus tips for a minute, drain and refresh in cold water..
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the green Thai curry paste and cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently..
- Add the tofu, stir lightly until coated with the curry paste then cook for a further 2 minutes. Then add the shallots, chilli and garlic and carry on cooking for another 2 minutes..
- Pour in the coconut milk, bring to a simmer, then add the baby corn, courgette, red pepper, green beans and asparagus. Cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes then add pak choi. Simmer once again for a minute then lastly tip in the fresh lime juice and chopped coriander..
- Serve sprinkled with a small amount of chopped coriander and spring onions accompanied with Thai jasmine or sticky rice..
This flavorful green curry is made with a homemade Thai curry paste and is stuffed full of green vegetables and fried tofu. The result is a creamy and satisfying meal that goes perfectly with steamed Jasmine rice. Vegan Thai Green Curry with Tofu Recommended Ingredients and Equipment. You can use just about any rice you want to for this recipe. Scatter the tofu over the curry.