Snickerdoodles. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Snickerdoodles are one of the most beloved cookie recipes ever created.
Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside. Roll into small balls until round and smooth. Drop into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well. You can cook Snickerdoodles using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- You need 2 3/4 cup of Flower.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- It’s 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Using a spoon, coat for a second time, ensuring the cookie balls are completely covered. *To make flatter snickerdoodles, press down in the center of the ball before placing in. If desired, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. If followed correctly, the recipe results in flavorful, light, buttery, and fluffy snickerdoodles!
Snickerdoodles step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla..
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt..
- Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture..
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard..
- Remove immediately from baking sheets..
Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (always recommended for cookies). Make the topping: Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.