Hara Bhara Kabab. Hara bhara kabab are vegetarian kababs made with spinach, potatoes and green peas. Kabab is a piece of meat or vegetable most commonly char grilled. Rajma kabab, soya kababs, corn kabab & hara bhara kabab are some of the vegetarian kabab that make a perfect snack.
This recipe is from the book Khazana of Indian Recipes. Main Ingredients : Spinach (पालक), Green peas (हरे मटर) Hara Bhara Kababs are derived from northern India. Some recipes call for maida, but you can use gram flour instead of maida. You can have Hara Bhara Kabab using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hara Bhara Kabab
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green Peas (Steamed).
- You need 1/2 cup of Sprouted Moong (Steamed with turmeric powder and salt).
- It’s 2 of Potatoes (Steamed).
- It’s 1 of small Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s 4 of Long Green Chillies.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coriander-Mint Chutney.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Mango Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Semolina.
- You need 2 tbsp of Bread crumbs.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Oil for Shallow Frying.
- It’s of Coriander Mint Chutney Recipe:.
- You need 1 cup of Coriander Leaves.
- It’s 1 cup of Mint Leaves.
- Prepare 6 of Green Chillies.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 3 of Sambar Onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of White Pepper Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Yogurt.
The addition of gram flour adds a nice flavor and taste to the kebab and is healthier than traditional kababs. It's just a way to substitute another ingredient into the kababs, which are a vegetarian kabab variation. Veg Kabab Recipe: Hara bhara kebab is another vegetable cutlet like snack, prepared with a stuffing of spinach and green peas. This is the best way to add some.
Hara Bhara Kabab instructions
- In a food processor, coarsely grind, the peas and sprouted moong separately and add it to a large mixing bowl..
- In a chopper, chop green chillies and green bell pepper separately and add it to the bowl. In a chopper, add steamed potatoes and add it to the bowl..
- To the bowl, add coriander-mint chutney, ginger powder, cumin powder, mango powder, garam masala, salt, semolina and breadcrumbs. Mix well to form a dough..
- Make patties with the palm of your hands. Add 1 tbsp oil to a non stick pan. When hot, gently place the patties on the pan and cook till golden brown on both sides..
- Serve hot with coriander-mint chutney..
Hara bhara kabab are pan-fried spiced patties made with a mix of spinach, green peas and potatoes. The recipe is easy to make and healthy as well – since it has the best of both spinach and green peas. I have seen hara bhara kabab listed in the starter section of the menu in many North Indian restaurants. The hara bhara kabab is a vegetarian kabab made from chana dal, green peas, paneer, spinach, plain flour, bread crumbs and Indian spices. To make this Hara Bhara Kebab, you will need blanched spinach, peas, green coriander, green chilli, ginger, grated boiled potato, besan, cornflour, bread crumbs, salt, dry mango powder, and garam masala powder.