Snickerdoodles. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. In a large bowl whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
If desired, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside. Roll into small balls until round and smooth. You can cook Snickerdoodles using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- You need 2 tsp of Cream of Tartar.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Shortening.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Sugar.
Drop into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well. Using a spoon, coat for a second time, ensuring the cookie balls are completely covered. *To make flatter snickerdoodles, press down in the center of the ball before placing in. If followed correctly, the recipe results in flavorful, light, buttery, and fluffy snickerdoodles! In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
Snickerdoodles step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Measure flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a sifter. Sift, and set aside..
- Mix shortening, sugar, and egg together with an electric mixer until creamy..
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients to the wet. Small amounts at a time. Stir until blended..
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place on ungreased cookiesheet about 2 inches apart..
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies are done when the edges of the cookies just slightly begin to gain color. Cracks will form with small bubbles popping. You do not want a golden color..
Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (always recommended for cookies). Make the topping: Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Make the cookies: Whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Snickerdoodles are characterized by a cracked surface and can be either crisp or soft depending on the ingredients used.