Instant pot beef barley soup. Heat another tablespoon oil in the Instant Pot®; when oil shimmers, add mushrooms. Add mushrooms to the bowl with the beef. How to make beef barley soup in your instant pot: Start by generously seasoning the stew meat with salt and pepper.
Preheat Instant Pot (or other programmable pressure cooker) to the "Sauté" setting. Add remaining broth, browned meat, tomatoes, barley, potatoes, beef base, bay leaf, and thyme. Place lid on Instant Pot and turn to the locking position. You can cook Instant pot beef barley soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot beef barley soup
- You need 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 lbs of cubed beef stew meat.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of diced white onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced carrots.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 2 (32 oz) of cartons beef broth.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 packet of beef gravy mix.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder(I use turmeric twist).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary minced.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme minced.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of fresh parsley minced.
- You need 1 cup of chopped kale (I use frozen).
- Prepare 2 cups of quick cooking barley.
Making Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup is very easy Brown the beef stew meat in the instant pot on the saute setting. Remove the stew meat from the Instant Pot to a bowl as it browns. Browning only a few pieces of stew meat at a time is the secret to browning beef. Return the meat to the pot along with any accumulated juices.
Instant pot beef barley soup instructions
- On the Saute setting heat olive oil and butter till hot and add beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix up..
- Add in onion, carrots, celery and minced garlic and continue to cook till beef is browned..
- Add in broth, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, packet of gravy mix, turmeric, rosemary,thyme and parsley..
- Stir up and place lid on move knob to seal..
- Press meat / stew for 35 minutes normal high-pressure..
- After 35 minutes turn knob to vent to release steam be careful as it will be really hot..
- Make sure button is down before opening lid..
- Stir in barley and kale and place lid back on and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Enjoy with some baguette bread slices..
Secure the lid, and set the pressure valve to seal. Scrape the beef to one side of the pot and add in the other tablespoon of oil. Add in the broths and scrape the bottom of the pot. How to make Healthy Beef Barley Soup in the instant pot: To make healthy beef barley soup in the instant pot – turn instant pot on sauté setting. Instant Pot beef barley soup with tender chunks of beef, pearled barley and vegetables in a rich beef broth.