Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Drain and rinse the baby lima beans. Add to your cooking pan/pot, Ninja Cooking System or crockpot.
In a large pot throw in;. Washed beans, and the rest of the ingredients, except for the salt. Put enough water or stock to completely cover all ingredients. You can have Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup
- It’s of dried baby lima beans.
- It’s of + 1-1/2 cup chicken broth.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of dehydrated onions.
Drain and rinse until water runs clear, discarding bean water. Made with dry lima beans, but you can use canned if you prefer, plus vegetables such as carrots, celery, and leeks. Lima Bean Soup is an excellent way to feed the family. Dried bean soups are hearty and perfect for chilly days.
Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup instructions
- Wash and look the beans over remove any foreign objects such as stones. Start out with a cup and a half of broth..
- Add the beans, water, butter, and onions to a pot cover and boil for 20 minutes. Turn down to simmer..
- As it cook the beans become more and more tender. This is a bit of a process. About 1-1/2 to 2 hours. You need to replenish the liquids as needed during the cooking process. Add the broth as needed just keep the beans under the liquids. Keep covered..
- When you see these little pieces that kinda reminds you of rice grains, or tiny claws, that means the beans are done or close to it. They are close to pink in color. It's like the beans release these when they are done..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Black beans, navy beans, kidney beans, lima beans may be used. For a velvety, smooth soup, purée or whir the beans in a blender after cooking; for a soup with texture, purée only half the beans. This was my first time cooking the dried lima beans. I didnt know the dried beans were different than the Fordhook lima beans. Now i cooked mine in the crock pot with broth and stock (chicken).