Chunky Egg Salad. Save time and do your groceries online. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! This traditional chunky egg salad recipe has diced eggs, tangy pickles, crunchy celery, diced red onion, mayonnaise, and mustard.
Add a potato or cooked macaroni to add more bulk. Drain the water from the pan and cool the eggs in the pan under cold running water. Peel the eggs and cut into sixths. You can cook Chunky Egg Salad using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chunky Egg Salad
- You need 12 of hard boiled eggs; peeled, medium dice (see my recipe, "Hard Boiled Eggs").
- Prepare 1/2 C of mayo.
- It’s 1 of large pinch kosher salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1 of shallot; minced.
In a large bowl, mix together the onion, celery, mayonnaise, dill, mustard,. Plain – just on a bed of lettuce and eat with a fork. Bagel – toast a sesame, onion, or everything bagel and top it with plenty of egg salad. Croissant – pick up some croissants from the bakery and pile the egg salad up high.
Chunky Egg Salad step by step
- Combine mayo, shallots, salt, and pepper together in a mixing bowl. Whisk. Fold in eggs..
- Variations; Celery, mustard, bacon, red or yellow onions, cayenne, parsely, cilantro, scallions, leeks, ramps, chives, basil, oregano, marjoram, jalapeño, bell peppers, vinegar, corn, garlic, paprika, smoked paprika, crushed pepper flakes, dried sriracha, capers, tarragon, dill, asparagus, avocado, poblano, celery salt, chervil, sour cream, watercress, spinach, lemon, mint, curry, chiles, green beans, poppy seeds, diced pickles, pickle relish, pickle juice, mustard seed, cajun seasoning,.
Sandwich – any bread will do, but my jalapeno cheddar bread is a family favorite! Drain the water from the pan and cool the eggs in the pan under cold running water. Peel the eggs and cut into sixths. In a large bowl, mix together the onion, celery, mayonnaise, dill, mustard,. I always used to finely mash my eggs for egg salad, but nowadays chunky is definitely the way to go!