Basic Cookie Recipe. Even first-time cookie makers can pull off super moist, tender, chewy macaroons. Using sweetened condensed milk streamlines the operation and produces a very nice texture. Simple to make and easy to transport, these are the ultimate cookies to bring to any potluck.
We enjoy all different kinds of cookies, and with. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. You can cook Basic Cookie Recipe using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic Cookie Recipe
- It’s 250 g of soft butter /margarine.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 4 cups of sifted plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s of Toppings as required.
Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Thanks to this basic cookie dough recipe, you can turn everyday ingredients into five sensational sweets. Bake some right away, then pop the extra dough in the freezer for later. —Gloria McBride, Payson, Utah. Get Recipe Check out our tips for hosting your best-ever cookie exchange.
Basic Cookie Recipe instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180 °c. Lightly grease your oven trays. In a bowl cream the butter and sugar together..
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat well..
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking powder..
- Mix till it forms a soft dough. Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes.Place the shaped dough onto the trays, spacing them apart,decorate if needed and bake for 10mins till lightly brown..
Here at Allrecipes, we have a lot of cookie recipes. In fact, Allrecipes started in the early days of the internet as a site solely for exchanging cookie recipes. Since the single cookie recipe that started it all, there have been quite a number of new cookie recipes thrown in the mix — but we've whittled it down to the best of the best. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.