West Indies Green Curry Chicken. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Free Delivery On All UK Orders.
West Indies Green Curry Chicken step by step. The Best West Indian Curry Chicken Recipes on Yummly West Indies Green Curry Chicken perryrey Lima, Peru. Stir in potatoes, salt, and curry powder; add enough water to cover the chicken halfway. You can have West Indies Green Curry Chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of West Indies Green Curry Chicken
- It’s of large chicken breasts (cut in 2 inch strips).
- It’s of coconut milk.
- You need of garlic (chopped in 5 pieces per clove).
- It’s of rum (preferably dark).
- It’s of large white onion (chopped in large chunks).
- You need of stalks lemon grass (peeled and minced).
- It’s of stalk green onion (finely chopped).
- It’s of green curry paste.
- Prepare of jalapeños or Asian chillis (seeded and minced).
- It’s of cilantro or Thai basil for garnish.
Curry dishes prepared in the southern states of India, where the word also originated, may be spiced with leaves from the curry tree. Pat dry the chicken with paper towels. Using a piece of paper towel, grab hold of the skin on the bottom of each. Using a meat cleaver or heavy knife, cut off.
West Indies Green Curry Chicken instructions
- In a large ziplock bag or a covered bowl combine the 2 chicken breasts (already sliced) with the diced onion, garlic, lemongrass, jalapeños or chillis and rum. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 2hrs preferably overnight..
- In a wok or deep pan heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the green onion followed by the contents of the ziplock bag (only add about half of the liquid). As the onion, garlic, lemongrass, chilis and Chicken cook, slowly add the rest of the liquid and slowly add the coconut milk (after about 5-7 min).
- Once the coconut milk starts to bubble reduce heat and add green curry paste. Make sure to stir and mix evenly..
- Once the color of the coconut milk has changed to a slight green remove from heat. Serve on white or jasmine rice and garnish with a stalk of lemongrass and some cilantro or Thai Basil over the rice..
How to cook the curry chicken. Heat the oil in a skillet and add the marinated chicken. Brown on all sides and then add the water to create a sauce. Add a little more water if the sauce gets too dry. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.