Beef, Mushroom & Barley Soup. Asian Hot Pot Broth with Tangy Chili Sauce McCormick. Mainly Mushroom Beef Carbonnade This is the ultimate comfort food, an earth-and-turf combo that smells delicious while cooking and tastes like home. The beef is browned then simmered with onions and seasonings and served over rice.
This Takeout Style Chinese Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry is so quick and easy to make at home and tastes better than takeout. Tender flank steak is cooked with sliced mushrooms in a rich and delicious savory Chinese brown sauce. This is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy homemade takeout. You can have Beef, Mushroom & Barley Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef, Mushroom & Barley Soup
- You need 1 tbsp of of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of beef shortribs.
- It’s 1 lb of of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 of whole carrots cut in half.
- It’s 1 of whole unpeeled large onion.
- It’s 2 of ribs of celery, cut in half, with leaves on.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 cup of barley.
Ingredients for Beef in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. Beef – the recipe calls for sirloin which you can cut into thin slices, strips, or cubes; Mushrooms – I used canned whole mushrooms, but feel free to swap with fresh button or cremini mushrooms. Just slice and cook a little longer during the first step of the recipe. All-purpose cream – you can substitute with heavy cream, evaporated milk, or sour.
Beef, Mushroom & Barley Soup instructions
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot, add beef brown on all sides. Season with salt & pepper..
- Add mushrooms, carrots, celery & onion, add broth, season with salt & pepper, add thyme..
- Bring to boil, then turn down heat to medium low. Cook until beef ribs are cooked..
- Add barley cook until tender..
- Reason with salt & pepper if needed..
Serve it over noodles and your life is complete! Transfer to a serving platter immediately and serve with white rice. Beef with mushrooms is already a delicious combination to begin with but when you add Chinese flavors into the mix, it becomes even better. The best part about this recipe is that no deep fryer is needed; everything can be done in a fry pan or wok. It is also very easy to prepare for those of you who are just beginning to cook Chinese cuisine.