Slow Cooker Beef barley soup. Low Prices on Crock Pot Slowcooker. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Compare the best deals for Slow Cooker! Stir in the salt, pepper and garlic powder and place seasoned meat in a slow cooker.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned. Place beef and juices in slow cooker. Cook up something with stick-to-your-ribs substance when the weather turns cold: This beef and barley slow-cooker stew, packed with veggies, tender beef, and soft barley is your new go-to comfort food soup. You can have Slow Cooker Beef barley soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef barley soup
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of chuck roast.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of potatoes peeled and cubed 1/2 inch.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and cubed.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of better than bouillion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 6 cups of beef broth.
- You need 2/3 cup of barley.
- You need of Option – mushrooms or other vegetables.
- You need of oil of choice.
Set your slow-cooker on low in the morning and by evening, dinner is served. Transfer meat to the slow cooker. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, onions, carrots and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat bits.
Slow Cooker Beef barley soup step by step
- Brown beef cubes in oil 1-2 minutes per side on med-high heat.
- Add beef and all ingredients to slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Fill liquid to the top or check if more is require later..
Add beef and all remaining ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine. Dry the beef with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper. How To Make Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup From Scratch? Add ingredients in slow cooker- This includes meat, carrots, onions, potatoes, celery, garlic, ginger, broth, wine, tomato paste, tomato sauce, mustard, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, bay leaf, barley. Heat to a boil and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, then add to slow cooker.