Italian Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup. Find Deals on Us Senate Bean Soup in Boxed Meals on Amazon. This Italian chicken bean soup recipe is packed with vegetables and chicken along with two types of beans that are simmered together in a tomato broth. In a large stock pot add the oil and lightly brown the garlic then add the vegetables and turn to lower heat.
Add the beans to a colander and rinse, sort out any unwanted debris and discard. Add the beans to the slow cooker. Add the chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, rosemary and chicken broth. (WAIT TO ADD THE TOMATOES AND ITALIAN SEASONING PACKET) Remove skin and bones from chicken and discard, cutting chicken into bite-size pieces – set aside. You can cook Italian Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of garlic — chopped.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need of thyme.
- You need of fennel seed.
- It’s of large onion — diced 1/4 inch.
- It’s of large red bell pepper — diced 1/4 inch.
- Prepare of large carrots — diced 1/4 inch.
- Prepare of celery — diced 1/4 inch.
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- It’s of diced tomatoes.
- You need of fresh rosemary finely chopped.
- It’s of cooked chicken, diced 1/2 inch (rotisserie chicken is real good).
- Prepare of white beans, cooked or canned,drained.
- It’s of fresh spinach (take off the stems) or 1/2 cup frozen spinach.
- It’s of salt.
Return broth to Dutch oven and add tomatoes, onions, parsley, ketchup, salt, rosemary, basil, garlic and pepper and bring to a boil. For about as long as I can remember, my family's favorite soup has been Italian Vegetable Soup. Add beans, broth and lemon zest; bring to a boil. Stir in spinach and meatballs; cook just until spinach is wilted.
Italian Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup step by step
- In a large stock pot add the oil and lightly brown the garlic then add the vegetables and turn to lower heat..
- Sweat the vegetables and spices over a medium low heat for 8 minutes covered with a lid..
- Dust with the flour and mix in to make the compound roux..
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, rosemary and diced chicken. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the bean and simmer 10 more minutes, then add the spinach..
- Adjust seasoning and serve..
In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, fennel, thyme and oregano and cook for another minute or two. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat. Carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, corn, and green beans — this soup is full of vegetables!