Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers). Ruime keuze in diverse soorten Steak. Losse stukken vlees of hele pakketten. We leveren hoge kwaliteit vers vlees tegen een scherpe prijs.
Beef is a source of protein and nutrients. Most beef can be used as is by merely cutting into certain parts, such as roasts, short ribs or steak (filet mignon, sirloin steak, rump steak, rib steak, rib eye steak, hanger steak, etc.), while other cuts are processed. Beef stew, beef stroganoff, slow cooker pot roast: find the best beef recipes, including hundreds of ways to cook ground beef for tonight's dinner. You can cook Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers)
- You need 2-4 of leftover rib bones from a prime rib roast.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 TB of mixed dried herbs (I use thyme and rosemary).
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 TB of tomato paste or 2 TB fresh ketchup or tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped fresh carrot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry barley.
- It’s 1 cup of kernel corn, fresh, frozen, or canned.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of dry noodles.
- Prepare of beef bullion (optional).
Beef, flesh of mature cattle, as distinguished from veal, the flesh of calves. The best beef is obtained from early maturing, special beef breeds. High-quality beef has firm, velvety, fine-grained lean, bright red in colour and well-marbled. The fat is smooth, creamy white, and well distributed.
Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) instructions
- Place rib bones in a large Dutch oven or stock pot and cover with water completely..
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat..
- Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ribs and any meat that may have become detached. Set aside to cool..
- Refrigerate the beef stock for about an hour, or until the fat congeals on top (I usually make the broth the day before and refrigerate overnight).
- Remove the meat from the bones and chop coarsely. Discard the bones and refrigerate the meat until you're ready to add it to the soup..
- Remove the solidified fat from the chilled broth..
- Heat the broth over medium heat. Don't worry if the broth tastes weak at this point; it will reduce later..
- Sautee the garlic and herbs in a little oil over medium heat until the garlic is soft and the herbs are fragrant. Careful not to burn it!.
- Add the sauteed garlic and herbs, tomato option, chopped carrots and barley and simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered..
- Add the meat, corn, and noodles and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Taste the broth and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- If the soup becomes too thick by serving time, add more water (with a bit of bullion in it, if desired) as needed..
Beef definition is – the flesh of an adult domestic bovine (such as a steer or cow) used as food. How to use beef in a sentence. Beef Recipes Choose from thousands of beef recipes for all your favorite cuts of beef including roasts, beef ribs, sirloin, tenderloin, ground beef, corned beef, and brisket. Your one-stop for all things beef. Explore our recipes, beef cuts, cooking tips, beef's nutrition profile and discover how beef is raised from farm to fork.