Soft Snickerdoodles. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture. Like a sugar cookie wrapped in a cinnamon sugar hug, these irresistible cookies never go out of style.
Make Dough Balls – Roll into walnut size balls. Place the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl and whisk to combine; set aside. Whisk the eggs and cooled butter together, then whisk in the vanilla. You can have Soft Snickerdoodles using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft Snickerdoodles
- You need 1 cup of Butter.
- It’s 2 large of Eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of White Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of White Flour.
- It’s of Cookie Dough Balls.
- It’s 1/2 cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until a soft dough forms. Snickerdoodles are known for the addition of cream of tartar, which is a white powder that is very acidic. It gives them a slightly tangy flavor and interacts with the baking soda to help them puff up and spread out in the oven. Soft Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe You can find cream of tartar in the regular supermarket, in the spice aisle.
Soft Snickerdoodles step by step
- The best SOFT Snickerdoodles!.
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter together until fluffy. Add eggs and beat again until even more fluffy!.
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat together a quick 15 seconds..
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time until combined..
- Mix together the 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon..
- Make 1" balls with the dough and roll in cinnamon mixture. Place on cookie sheet, don't crowd them…we all need our space…about 2" apart..
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack..
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies..
Soft in the middle with a perfect crunch around the edges. This timeless cookie is rolled twice in cinnamon-sugar. These doodz are soft, tender, buttery and perfectly spiced with a crunchy, cinnamon sugar exterior and a gooey, melt in your mouth center. True snickerdoodles are made with cream of tartar which reacts with the baking soda and gives these cookies their classic tangy flavor and soft texture. Cream of tartar also specifically reacts with sugar and prevents crystalization so your snickerdoodles stay VERY soft instead of crispy.