Wonton soup instant pot IP. The wontons should cook nicely in that time. Turn instant pot to saute high setting. Add garlic and cook for another minute stirring occasionally.
There are many different variations of it, but it typically consist of wontons in a clear seasoned pork or chicken broth. Wontons can be made with pork, chicken, shrimp, or other meats or seafood. While your broth is cooking mix your filling and make your wontons. You can cook Wonton soup instant pot IP using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wonton soup instant pot IP
- It’s 2 TBSP of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of heaving TSP minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of boneless ham steak cut into matchsticks.
- It’s 2 of green onions thinly sliced.
- Prepare 5 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 TSP of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 TSP of Chinese five spice.
- You need 1 TSP of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 2 TBS of sesame oil.
- It’s 10 of frozen or thawed/fresh wontons.
- You need 2 cups of spinach.
- You need of Garnish: ground chili paste with garlic.
This healthy and quick family friendly dinner uses simple, everyday kitchen ingredients. Thanks to my pre-made momo dumplings, this soup doesn't need much work. It uses hearty and simple ingredients all tossed into the pressure cooker and cooked while you wait. This kid-friendly soup is fantastic for a busy night and is so satisfying it can be served as the main course!
Wonton soup instant pot IP instructions
- Turn instant pot to saute high setting. When display reads hot. Add olive oil and onions stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute stirring occasionally. Then add ham and cook for another minute again stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger, sherry, five spice, seasoned salt, and sesame oil. Give a quick stir to combine scraping the bottom of the pot to make sure there are no bits. Bring to a boil..
- Add in green onion and wontons. Push them down to submerge..
- Seal instant pot. If cooking frozen wontons set time for 4 minutes. If cooking thawed or fresh set time for zero minutes..
- When timer sounds, turn off the instant pot and do a quick release. This is important so your wontons don't turn to mush..
- Once steam is released take off lid add the spinach and gently stir until spinach has wilted..
- Laddle into bowls and top with a TSP of ground chili paste if desired..
Easy Dump & Start Recipe for a Restaurant Favorite. Wonton Soup is perhaps one of the most ordered soups at a Chinese restaurant. Soft bite-size dumplings called Wontons, are stuffed with meat or vegetables, and cooked in a clear broth infused with aromatics like ginger, garlic and spring onions. Since my family loves this soup a lot, I have figured out an easier way to make it on weeknights. To make the soup, press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.