grandma's vegetable beef soup. Add all your vegetables in chunks: Cook vegetables until tender. Add one large can of whole tomatoes or diced tomatoes. Then add the meat back into the soup.
Ingredients for broth: Davidson Family Farms beef shank….soup bone with meat on it. Put soup bones in a pot and cover them with water. Bring to boil over high heat then turn heat to. You can cook grandma's vegetable beef soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of grandma's vegetable beef soup
- Prepare 4 of carrots.
- You need 4 of stalks celery.
- Prepare 1 small of cabbage.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of turnips.
- It’s 2 lb of stew meat.
- You need 2 pints of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 pints of corn.
- You need 1 pints of green beans.
- It’s 2/3 cup of pearl barley.
- You need 1/4 cup of beef soup base.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of black pepper, ground.
The grandma's beef soup can be stewed in the slow cooker or in the oven. Nevertheless, you should start by roasting the beef, mixing chopped veggies, potatoes, garlic, and celery. Pour the resulting mass to the slow cooker with the beef broth and water. Crumble the ground beef into a large saucepan over medium heat.
grandma's vegetable beef soup step by step
- brown meat in the oil in a large stock pot..
- add chopped raw vegetables and sautee until tender. I use the pot lid and add as I chop. Then I can stir the pot well more often..
- add 3 quarts of water to the pots and bring to a boil. Add the soup base and tomatoes, seasonings. Simmer for an hour or more. 30 min. Before serving add barley and canned vegetables..
- Stir occasionally to keep from burning. Dish up and let set 10 min. Before eating. Goes well with sandwiches or just bread..
- pick out bay leaves before serving. this makes a wonderful comfort food for anyone ! I think of my grandma every time I make it ..
Cook and stir until no longer pink. Drain off grease and pour in the tomato juice. Add the onion, carrot, and potato. Add beef, potatoes, remaining veggies, remaining beef broth, tomato soup, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for about an hour.