Snickerdoodles. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Snickerdoodles are one of the most beloved cookie recipes ever created.
Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside. Roll into small balls until round and smooth. Drop into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well. You can cook Snickerdoodles using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 3/4 cup of all purpose or unbleached flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
Using a spoon, coat for a second time, ensuring the cookie balls are completely covered. *To make flatter snickerdoodles, press down in the center of the ball before placing in. If desired, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. If followed correctly, the recipe results in flavorful, light, buttery, and fluffy snickerdoodles! In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Prehat oven to 400°F.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt..
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch size balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet..
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack..
- Prep time 40 minutes Makes approx 4 dozen.
Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (always recommended for cookies). Make the topping: Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Make the cookies: Whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Snickerdoodles are characterized by a cracked surface and can be either crisp or soft depending on the ingredients used.